- If you're in love at 22 and planning to get married, then you'll still be in love at 30. Wait til you're 30 before you walk down the aisle.
- When you do get married, don't waste your money on a huge wedding. Elope with a few close friends/family members then throw a party. You'll actually enjoy it more and remember it! You can still take pretty pictures without spending multiple thousands of dollars.
- Less is more. This can be applied to everything from credit card debt, to personal belongings, to make up, to accessories.
- Every girl should own an appropriate little black dress that can be worn on any occasion.
- The moment you get a job, start saving a minimum of 10% from each check. Never stop doing this, no matter what. It could become a life-saving habit.
- If something or someone seems too good to be true, they probably are. Trust your instincts.
- If you are too insecure to trust yourself or make your own decisions, then you're not ready to get married.
- Work hard, play harder.
- Even if you've been victimized, you are not a victim.
- You can't please everyone so focus on pleasing yourself first and everything else will fall into place.
Monday, May 04, 2009
10 things I wish I'd known when I was younger
Okay, here are a few things I wish I'd actually listened to a few adults about when I was younger...